The pandemic substantially disrupted consumer marketing trends as businesses adjusted to government actions taken to attempt to prevent the rapid spread of COVID-19. As conferences were shut down, B2B buyers moved online for content and virtual resources to assist them through the stages of the B2B buyer’s journey.
The team at Digital Marketing Philippines has put together this infographic, B2B Content Marketing Trends in 2021 that drives home 7 trends central to how B2B content marketers have responded to industry and behavioral changes:
- Content Becomes More Targeted – segmentation and personalization have become paramount as marketers look to provide a targeted experience. Content management coupled with marketing automation platforms and artificial intelligence are providing the technology necessary to produce and scale these targeted experiences.
- Content Becomes More Interactive And Experiential – audio, video, animation, calculators, gamification, augmented reality, and virtual reality are enhancing the B2B buyer’s experience… helping lead them through to conversions.
- Content Consumption Via Mobile First – It’s not enough to build a responsive site that’s viewable on a mobile device after building your desktop view. More and more cmopanies are dynamically changing the content and experience they’re bringing to mobile visitors.
- Content Marketing On Multiple Channels – Meeting visitors where they are is becoming critical as B2B buyers have infinite resources. If your buyer is in a social channel, interacting with them there is essential. If they’re on audio (eg. podcast), providing the information there is necessary. If they’re on video, your content may need to be on YouTube as well.
- Content Marketing Dominated By Topical Authority – Endless streams of content are inneffective as companies look to build a centralized, comprehensive content library that provide expert, authoritive, and trustworthy content to potential buyers as they research solutions to their business challenges.
- Content Marketing Leveraging Partner Operations – Leveraging relationships and cross-promoting content with the same target audiences is an efficient and effective means of driving business results.
- Content Marketing As An Outsourced Service – Over half of all B2B companies have outsourced their content devleopment – hiring professionals who have the research, design, copywriting, and execution capabilities that may be unaffordable internal.
Assisting brands hyperfocus and develop content marketing strategies across all channels and mediums is my favorite work with clients. Too many companies have a trail of content that lacks any central strategy to drive actual business results. The spray and pray approach of content development (eg. X blog posts per week) isn’t helping your business… it’s just creating more noise and confusion.
Feel free to contact me if you need assistance. We’ve helped small B2B businesses through to enterprise companies develop their content marketing strategies to drive measurable results. It’s not an easy process, but it’s incredibly fruitful as your business is able to build consistency and purpose behind all of the content they develop, update, and repurpose.
Here’s the full infographic from Digital Marketing Philippines: