- Low-code and no-code technologies are becoming increasingly popular among businesses of all sizes, and a leading example is JSON LD
- They allow businesses to create websites and applications with little to no coding experience
- There are many benefits including saving businesses a lot of time and money
- They can also help your SEO efforts by presenting linked data in a format that’s meaningful to search engines
A burning challenge in a world of IoT and technology is the need to stay ahead of the curve. As more and more businesses adopt cutting-edge technologies, those that lag behind will inevitably be left behind. This is especially true in the field of SEO services, but also in website development and design. In order to stay competitive, businesses must constantly update their websites with the latest trends and technologies.
A prime example of this is low-code and no-code technologies. These technologies are becoming increasingly popular among businesses of all sizes. But what exactly are they? And how can they help you get ahead of the competition?
In this article, we’ll take a detailed look at low-code and no-code technologies. We’ll also explore how they can be used to improve your website in a number of different ways.
What are low-code and no-code when it comes to website tech?
Low-code and no-code technologies are exactly what they sound like. They allow businesses to create websites and applications with little to no coding experience.
Low-code and no-code platforms are becoming increasingly popular for website creation and management. These platforms allow users to create and manage websites without having to write code or hire a developer. This can be a great way to save time and money, especially if you’re not familiar with coding.
How do these low-code and no-code platforms actually work?
Typically, low-code and no-code platforms provide an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, similar to a traditional website builder tool. This makes it possible to create a website without any coding knowledge.
In some cases, you may need to use a bit of code to add advanced features or integrations. However, for the most part, these platforms allow you to create a fully functioning website without writing any code.
What are the benefits of using a low-code or no-code platform?
First and foremost, they save businesses a lot of time and money. Rather than hiring developers to create a website from scratch, businesses can use low-code or no-code platforms to do it themselves.
Not just that, these platforms are also much easier to use than traditional coding languages. They allow businesses to create complex websites and applications without the need for extensive training.
Finally, low-code and no-code technologies are constantly evolving. This means that businesses can easily keep their websites up-to-date with the latest technologies, without having to make any changes themselves.
What are the opportunities for SEO?
One of the great things about using low-code or no-code methods is that it opens up new opportunities for SEO. Opportunities include:
- Better target customers through local SEO – Local SEO is a great way to improve your website’s visibility in search engines, especially if you’re targeting customers in a specific geographic area.
- Optimized code – One of the best ways to improve your website’s ranking in search engines is to ensure that it loads quickly. Low-code and no-code methods can help you do this by optimizing your website’s code and eliminating unnecessary elements.
- Create better-targeted pages – Another way to improve your website’s ranking is to create pages that are more relevant to your customers’ needs. By using low-code or no-code methods, you can easily create custom pages that are tailored to your customers’ needs.
All of these opportunities can help you improve your website’s ranking in search engines, which will ultimately lead to more traffic and customers.
These are just a few of the ways that code or low-code methods can help you get smart about your website optimization.
Does Google like websites that use low-code tech?
Yes! In fact, Google has stated that they “see great potential in low-code development.” They see it as a way to make website creation more accessible and efficient.
Google also notes that low-code platforms can help improve website performance since they often come with built-in optimization features. This means that websites created with low-code methods are more likely to rank higher in search results.
How do low-code and no-code impact user experience?
One of the benefits of using low-code or no-code methods is that they can improve your website’s user experience. This is because page data can be better organized and structured for search engines, meaning that users are more likely to find what they’re looking for.
Low-code example: using JSON LD
A good example of low-code is JSON LD. This is used for linked data and means that you don’t need to put unnecessary code on your site as it is all done in the background. It also can speed up page load times as there is less code for the browser to load. JSON LD is a great way to save time with on-page SEO and create better-targeted pages.
What is JSON LD?
JSON LD is a type of code schema that can be used to add structured data to a web page. This structured data can be used by search engines to better understand the content on a page.
It can replace traditional HTML tags and provide more information about a website’s content. This means that JSON LD can be used to improve load times, local SEO, content, and images.
What’s the difference between JSON LD and plain JSON?
- JSON LD is a type of code schema that can be used to add structured data to a web page. This structured data can be used by search engines to better understand the content on a page.
- Plain JSON, on the other hand, is simply a format for storing and transmitting data. JSON LD takes it one step further by utilizing JSON for website data.
JSON LD compatibility
For the developers among you, JSON LD has a wide range of compatibilities:
- Erlang / Elixir
Four key benefits of JSON LD
Low-code techniques such as JSON LD have the potential to transform the performance of your web pages. Here are some benefits of using JSON LD:
1. Improved load times
One of the great things about JSON LD is that it can help improve load times. This is because JSON LD code is typically smaller and more efficient than traditional HTML tags. This means that your website will load faster and be more visible in search engines.
2. Improved local SEO
JSON LD can also be used to improve local SEO. This is because JSON LD code can provide more information about your website’s content.
This means that your website will be more relevant to customers in a specific geographic area. Examples of additional information include your website’s address, phone number, and hours of operation. And in ecommerce websites, product information such as pricing and availability.
3. Richer and better-formatted content
JSON LD can also be used to improve content. This is because JSON LD code can provide more information about the content on your website. This means that your website’s content will be more relevant to customers’ needs.
For example, if you’re a restaurant, you can use JSON LD to provide information about your menu, hours of operation, and location.
4. Better-performing images
JSON LD can also be used to improve images. This is because JSON LD code can provide more information about the images on your website, such as size and purpose. This means that your website’s images will be more relevant to customers’ needs and better formatted for SEO.
How does this help your SEO efforts?
Low-code technologies like JSON LD can make your SEO easier in a few key ways:
Low-code and no-code methods can save you a lot of time with on-page SEO. By using these methods, you can quickly and easily create well-structured and targeted pages that are easy for both users and search engines to understand.
Potential for more traffic
This can help you attract more traffic to your site and improve your chances of ranking high in search results.
Higher conversion rate
In addition, low-code and no-code methods can help you create pages that are more relevant to your customers’ needs. This means that you can attract more qualified leads and convert more sales.
Top tips for getting started with low-code and no-code on your website
Now that you know more about low-code and no-code methods, here are some tips to get started:
- Start small – Don’t try to do too much at once. Choose one or two areas of your website to focus on first.
- Don’t forget the basics – Make sure you still have a strong foundation in place with things like keyword research and competitive analysis.
- Choose the right tools – There are a lot of different low-code and no-code tools available. Do your research to find the ones that are best for your needs.
- Test, test, test – Always test your changes before you implement them on your live website. This will help you avoid any potential problems.
- Monitor your results – Keep an eye on your website’s performance after you make changes. This will help you gauge the effectiveness of your efforts.
- Get help if needed – If you’re not sure where to start or you need help with implementation, don’t hesitate to reach out to an experienced SEO professional.
Low-code and no-code methods can be a great way to improve your website’s SEO. These methods can save you time and help you create better-targeted pages. However, it’s important to remember that these methods should be used in addition to, not instead, the basics of SEO. But when used correctly, they can be a powerful tool in your SEO arsenal.
Subscribe to the Search Engine Watch newsletter for insights on SEO, the search landscape, search marketing, digital marketing, leadership, podcasts, and more.