As consumer expectations for customer service increase, companies must take action to ensure their customer experience remains commensurate.
90% of Americans consider customer service when deciding whether to do business with a company.
It can be difficult to deliver on this objective as the sheer volume of available feedback can be overwhelming, causing Customer Experience (CX) teams to lose sight of the insights and implications associated with each customer interaction. With increasing frequency, organizations across industries are turning to customer experience management platforms to analyze customer interactions and uncover information that can inform product updates, improve marketing efforts and foster long-term customer loyalty.
Customer Experience Management
Organizations are awash in customer feedback—petabytes of data in the form of recorded phone calls and transcripts, agent notes, online reviews, social engagement, chat messages, emails and surveys.
Within these interactions and feedback, customers express ideas, feelings or problems related to their experience with a product, brand or organization, as well as their intentions for reaching out. Most of this data is underutilized as a source of operational and competitive insight. It’s archived in large masses of audio or text files, which are not easily analyzed by traditional business intelligence tools that are designed to handle structured data like numbers and lists.
Clarabridge, a provider of customer experience management (CEM) solutions, works with some of the world’s top brands like USAA, Vera Bradley and United, to eliminate the chaos and complexity of customer feedback. Through its AI, Clarabridge consolidates customer feedback and conversations into a single comprehensive hub that can be analyzed using Clarabridge’s best-in-class text and speech analytics with timely insights distributed to relevant stakeholders across the organization.
According to Salesforce’s State of the Connected Customer report, 80% of customers say the experience businesses provide is just as important as its products and services. With this in mind, it doesn’t matter what your company sells or provides, a memorable customer experience impacts all industries. For this reason, Clarabridge works with banking and financial institutions, health care and insurance providers, consumer goods, retail, media and technology, and travel and hospitality. Customers include SharkNinja, Nationwide, Adobe and Crate&Barrel.
Clarabridge Analytics: Analyzing Every Sentence for CX Success
To help facilitate the ultimate customer experience, Clarabridge customers have access to two solutions: Clarabridge Analytics and Clarabridge Engage. Through Clarabridge Analytics, companies can go beyond natural language processing (NLP), sentiment and data categorization to measure effort, emotion, intent and root cause analysis using both rules-based and machine learning approaches to AI.
Why is this important? Many companies might have bits and pieces of technology to analyze some of this data but they don’t have an-all encompassing solution in place to truly grasp sentiment, topic analysis, theme detection, emotion intensity or effort score. Clarabridge analyzes all of this information to provide a holistic view of the customer. Clarabridge helps companies do this in three ways:
- Integrated, omnichannel analysis – Not so long ago, customers only had a few ways to reach a brand. Now, customers can access brands at any time. Whether it’s calls, emails, chats, surveys, social interactions, ratings and reviews or forums, companies have a lot to track. For large organizations that might have multiple locations around the world, including multiple contact centers, having access to every interaction with the customer is a challenge. To help collect all customer feedback in one place, Clarabridge connects with hundreds of sources, including WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, call recordings, emails and more.
- Text analytics – NLP is the ability of a computer program to analyze human speech to determine the language, grammatical constructs, entities—such as names, places and brands—keywords and linguistically related words within a sentence. NLP is fundamental to understanding big data as it provides structure to large amounts of text so that it can be further analyzed for topics, themes, trends and other word patterns across millions of interactions. Clarabridge takes analyzing data one step further by also incorporating natural language understanding (NLU). NLU seeks to understand and derive meaning from human language. NLU techniques examine words, phrases and context to evaluate topics, sentiment, emotion, effort and other speech characteristics. NLU is the driving force behind text analytics. Through NLU, companies gain a better understanding of what customers are talking about, grouping themes together for easy analysis, leading to faster decision-making for an optimal customer experience.
- Personalization – No matter the department, Clarabridge makes it easy for teams to create personalized dashboards, pulling the information that departments need into one location for easy access and quick insights. By having a personalized dashboard, departments across the company can share insights and turn them into action. This is important as customers expect to see changes made quickly—not in a couple days or months.
Clarabridge Engage: Meeting Customers Where They Are
As more digital channels pop up, customers expect real-time communication with companies. This is easier said than done. Keeping track of multiple conversations, across multiple platforms and sometimes multiple agents, is difficult.
Through Clarabridge Engage, companies can connect with customers where they are and provide superior customer experiences and engagement through a central conversation platform. The platform streams conversations from a variety of online synchronous and asynchronous communication channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, SMS, WeChat, email, ratings and reviews, online forums, blogs and more, allowing companies to easily converse with, respond to, and engage customers in the channels customers actually use. A centralized platform means service teams can view all incoming messages, access conversation history for context and integrate conversations across channels. Conversations are automatically tagged with information about topic, effort, emotion, and more. Clarabridge helps companies engage better with customers in three different ways:
- Streamline response with a unified inbox – With access to so many different channels, it’s possible that a customer could contact an organization on more than one platform. This creates a challenge for organizations to track the different requests and conversations from the customer. Having a unified inbox allows customer support teams to easily see past conversations to gain a better understanding of the customer’s request. This also helps avoid further agitating the customer who might have already shared their frustrations with another agent. Additionally, teams can be prepared by having pre-canned responses, templates of publishing guidelines and crisis plans that allow them to plan for unexpected emergencies.
- Complete SLA monitoring – Service-level agreements (SLA) are in place to ensure quality, availability and responsibilities. However, SLA monitoring can be difficult if there are multiple agents involved, which is often the case. To improve customer care metrics, like average handle time (AHT) per case, first contact resolution (FCR) rate and average speed of answer, teams must have access to all information in one place and have a clear understanding of how long a customer has been waiting. Clarabridge’s Watchdog feature informs teams how long a customer has waited for an answer so that reps don’t miss their response time SLAs.
- Automatic tagging and routing for faster response times – Agents are often bogged down with menial tasks that take up time from helping more customers. One of these tasks is manually tagging topics in conversations to help agents identify key themes. Through the power of AI, teams no longer have to manually tag. Clarabridge Engage automatically identifies topics of social conversations and routes mentions to the right agent, at the right time. In doing so, agents can quickly understand the customer’s need and quickly respond or route it to the best agent to handle the case.
The expectations around customer experience will continue to rise. Rather than continuing to piecemeal solutions together, companies should find one unified solution to meet their needs.