We recently shared an article with 6 examples of how artificial intelligence enhances sales and marketing technology and one of the ways was photo editing. Many of the photographers that we utilize to do professional portraits, product photos, and other photos for our clients are experts at Photoshop and do an absolutely brilliant job. However, if your full-time job isn’t mastering photography and photo editing, Adobe’s incredible platform has quite a steep learning curve.
Luminar Neo is an innovative image editor powered by artificial intelligence (AI). The Luminar Neo platform simplifies complex editing routines and enables creators to bring their boldest ideas to life. The Luminar Neo engine is based on all the best solutions from their combined and evolved experience for maximum performance and creativity and is developed for achieving complex creative results.
The platform enables users to:
- Get speed and flexibility in your editing with their brand-new core engine and layers workflow.
- Adjust the light in photos for creative control over the lighting in a scene. You can even control the exposure of an image based on the distance from the lens to adjust the background and foreground exposure independently.
- Automatically remove spots on your images caused by dust and dirt on your lens and sensor.
- Clean up unwanted power lines from the skies in your cityscapes.
- Experiment with infinite creative possibilities by effortlessly combining two or more images in a shot.
…And much more. The new technologies and innovative user experience in Luminar Neo make creative image editing simple and fun. The platform features:
- Mask AI – automatically mask desired areas so you can jump right to the edits. The powerful neural network behind Mask AI detects up to nine separate elements in a photo: people, skies, buildings, vehicles, water, plants, mountains (displayed below), and both natural and artificial ground. You can adjust the mask in the toolbar if needed.
- Sky AI – If the sky in your photo isn’t compelling due to bad weather and poor exposure, you can easily replace it with the SkyAItool. It scans an image to identify sky and water, then seamlessly changes the sky with the selected replacement sky, adds realistic reflections in the water, and intelligently relights the scene.
- Portrait Bokeh AI – this imitates the creamy bokeh blur on the background of your subject. It works on just about any portrait image, regardless of the lens used or the lighting conditions. Get precise control over depth of field, softness, and glow.
- Relight AI – Relight backlit photos or darkened images in a slide with the Relight AI feature. Luminar Neo calculates the depth of a photo and creates its 3D map. This way it is possible to spread the light naturally in 3D space on a 2D image.
- Composition AI – automatically adjusts the composition, crop, and perspective of the photo, with the possibility to manually fine-tune any aspect of the resulting framing. Align the horizon in one click and automatically straighten the verticals for an even better shot.
- Portrait Background Removal AI – is a powerful feature created on the basis of MaskAI, the smart AI technology that quickly detects and selects the objects in the photo. Forget about time-consuming manual selections. Remove the whole background behind the people in your photo, automatically.
- Face AI – Using face recognition technology, the FaceAI tool selectively targets a subject’s face, eyes, and mouth and makes them vivid, bright, and smooth in less than 5 minutes — instead of 40 minutes with classic retouching textures and brushes.
- Remove Powerlines AI – Automatically remove distracting elements in your cityscapes, urban landscapes or travel photos. Get a clear sky with no cluttered phone or power lines.
- Augmented Sky AI – If your photo could benefit from any object in the sky, such as clouds or birds, the Augmented Sky AI tool is the perfect fix. Augmented Sky AI detects a photo’s sky and adds a chosen element to the sky area, leaving space for texturing and transformations. No need to crop, insert, relight, and retouch.
There are a ton more features, including the ability to automatically enhance, place fog, mist, or haze, add sun rays, enhance landscapes, remove blemishes or dust spots, control highlights, control midtones, control shadows, increase image contrast, adjust sharpness, denoise, modify tone for moods, and dozens more features.
Luminar Neo currently has a great deal where Martech Zone readers can choose from two discounted offers that are a fraction of the cost of professional photo editing software or subscriptions. This software comes with a lifetime license and a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for Luminar Neo and I’m using affiliate links throughout this article.