Each month, we get a few thousand returning visitors through browser push notifications that we integrated with our site. If you’re a first-time visitor to our site, you’ll notice the request that’s made at the top of the page when you visit the site. If you enable these notifications, each time that we post an article or want to send a special offer, you receive the notification.
Over the years, Martech Zone has acquired over 11,000 subscribers to our browser push notifications! Here’s what it looks like:
Push Monkey is a cross-browser notification platform that’s simple to set up and integrate into your website or e-commerce site. It’s an inexpensive means of getting visitors to return to your site without requesting any personal information.
What is a Push Notification?
Much of digital marketing utilizes pull technologies, that is the user makes a request and the system responds with the requested message. An example might be a landing page where the user requests a download. Once the user submits the form, an email is sent to them with a link to the download. This is useful, but it requires the action of the prospect. Push notifications are a permission-based method where the marketer gets to initiate the request.
What is a Browser Notification?
All major desktop and mobile browsers have a notification integration that enables brands to push a short message to anyone who has opted into their site’s notifications. This includes Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Android, and Samsung browsers.
The key benefit fo browser notifications is that readers can be informed about your content at all times: when reading other websites or while working in other apps, even with the browser closed. As well, even when the computer is not active, the notifications queue and are displayed the moment it wakes up.
Examples of Browser Notifications
Aside from learning when Martech Zone is publishing an article or making an offer with one of our partners, browser notifications also allow:
- Coupon Alerts – You publish a new coupon code or discount code that you want to market to subscribers.
- Ecommerce Activation – Your visitor viewed a product page but didn’t add the product to their cart.
- Lead Nurturing – Your visitor started to fill out a form on a landing page but didn’t complete the form.
- Retargeting – A reservation site can retarget visitors that searched for a reseveration that is now open.
- Segmentation – Your company is launching an event and wishes to target visitors to your site from the region.
Push Monkey Features Include
- Integrations – Shopify, Click Funnels, Magento, Squarespace, Joomla, Instapage, Wix, WordPress, and other platforms have native integrations with Push Monkey.
- Automation – Push notifications can be sent out automatically via a workflow rather than requiring you to manually execute each campaign.
- Filtering – Control what type of content to send out notifications for.
- Targeting – Define interest segments for your subscribers so that you can target them topically or geographically.
- Ecommerce – Abandoned shopping cart, back-in-stock notifications, price drop notifications, product review reminders, and welcome discounts can be automatically configured.
Browser Notifications Plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce
Push Monkey has a fully supported WordPress Plugin that incorporates post types, categories, and Woocommerce abandoned carts… all with reporting available right in your dashboard! No theme or coding is necessary – just install the plugin and go.
You can get started for free on Push Monkey and pay as your number of subscribers increases.
Disclosure: I’m using my affiliate links in this article.