As a consulting firm that is trying to reach prospective business clients, LinkedIn is a critical social media platform for our organization. That said, we don’t have the marketing resources to manage a LinkedIn program for networking, commenting, managing groups, or promoting content on a daily basis. With that in mind, my goal is to simply take information like this and push it to my personal page and our company page.
Interestingly enough, while other platforms are included in virtually every social media plugin or platform, there are not too many tools out there that make publishing to your corporate page simple from WordPress. We’ve written how to share your posts to your personal page via Zapier and you can also use Jetpack to share to your personal page… but your company page is a bit different.
Thankfully, there’s a very well-developed plugin readily available to configure publishing to personal LinkedIn pages and company LinkedIn pages across multiple LinkedIn accounts.
WP LinkedIn Auto Publish
The WP LinkedIn Auto Publish plugin from Northern Beaches Websites has everything you need for publishing to LinkedIn. They also offer a paid version, AutoSocial, that incorporates other social media platforms. There are three distinct features that are impressive with this plugin:
- Oauth connectivity – no need to plugin logins, passwords, or have an integration using application keys, the plugin offers you a simple means of connecting to LinkedIn.
- Company page – support for publishing to your company page, not just your personal LinkedIn profiles.
- Multi-account support – want to publish to multiple accounts or multiple corporate pages? This plugin empowers you to do so.
Here’s how easy it is to install and configure:
- Install the plugin by searching for WP LinkedIn Auto Publish
- Activate the plugin and navigate to the WP LinkedIn Auto Publish menu.
- On the Settings tab, you’ll want to Connect to your LinkedIn account.
- The plugin will automatically redirect you to the Profile Section where you can enable each of the personal and company pages you wish to publish to. In this example, I’m enabling my personal LinkedIn page as well as my consulting firm’s page, Highbridge.
- Unlike most free plugins, this plugin has all the features you need. On Sharing Options, you can construct the actual message you want to have submitted.
- Additionally, you can include and exclude posts by their categories or post types.
NOTE: One issue that you’ll constantly run into is that LinkedIn will automatically disconnect your authorization after 60 days. It’s important to note that this isn’t a limitation of the plugin at all, it’s LinkedIn.
We’ve added this plugin to our list of the best WordPress plugins for your business site.